Running a business of any size can be a challenge. Running a small business however, has its own unique set of challenges. From cash flow problems to finding ways to get more customers, the small business world can seem daunting.
Every small business owner knows that staying afloat requires cash flow. A steady stream of income means you have more money for promoting your business, reaching new customers, creating better products and expanding your business.
But enough talk about problems, let’s talk about solutions! Here are some of the best ways to reach more customers and make more money for your business.
1. Hone Your Message
One of the biggest problems small businesses face is consistently finding customers for their products and services. Customers are the lifeline of any business no matter the size, and if you can’t reach new customers or keep your existing ones, you’re going to run into trouble.
It’s temping to throw money at the problem and think you’re doing everything you can. Paying for expensive advertising campaigns without a plan or marketing strategy is the perfect setup for wasting your hard earned money. So what do you do?
Perfect your message.
That means using the right words and messages to convey your value and purpose as a business. To do this, you need a deep understanding of the pain points and problems your customers face, and what you can do to solve them. Once you understand what problems your products or services solve, you’ll have a much easier time crafting your message and conveying your true value and purpose.
2. Use Social Media
You need to be on social media. It’s where 1.5 billion (and counting) people spend many hours of their day looking for new content and possibly your products and services. Not only will there be potential customers looking for what you do, they’ll also want to know that you’re active and that they can actually engage with you. That’s the value of social media.
Social media is proof that there are real people behind your business. Potential customers want to feel like they can talk to someone and if you’re not on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, it’s like your business doesn’t exist.
Here are easy steps to up your social media game.
- Pick one or two social media channels at the most to focus on.
- Make sure your profiles on those channels are as complete and informative as possible. Include your address, bio, company information, working hours and anything else you think customers may find useful.
- Be social. Answering questions and talking with people on social media is by far the best way to organically reach new customers. Join relevant groups on Facebook, follow people and hashtags on Instagram and watch the trends on Twitter. Get involved.
- Be yourself. Make sure you communicate your business personality and message every time you engage on social media.
- Post regularly. Find a number of posts per day, week or month that works for your business and stick to it. Post interesting, useful and engaging pictures and videos.
3. Build a Customer List
It’s absolutely crucial to be able to keep in touch with potential leads and customers. It’s like staying in touch with friends or touching base wit acquaintances. The difference here is that these friends can make your business money. The more friends you have, the more money you can potentially make.
Start collecting email addresses and phone numbers of existing and potential customers. Of course, make sure you have their permission to keep in touch and send them offers, news, product launches and updates about your business.
The sooner you do this the better.
There are hundreds of different ways to find more customers and make more money for your business. Sometimes sticking to the basics is the best approach. The more you understand your customer’s wants, needs and problems, the better you can serve them.
Looking for a hassle free revenue stream for your small business?