Digital signage is a great way to grab people’s attention and get them to take notice.
There are so many things that keep people distracted – from smartphones to the endless array of advertisements, billboards and posters. This is especially true in retail environments and larger venues like grocery and convenience stores.
So how do you make people take notice? Here are a few ideas that will help you make the most of your digital signage.
You want to make sure the content on your digital signs or screens is clearly visible at all times. That means the sign needs to be large enough to be seen from a variety of angles and distances.
Try including a variety of sizes to cater to different sections of your store if you have the space.
Content is King
You’ve probably heard it many times before, but content really is king. When thinking about what type of content to display there are a number of things to take into consideration.
- The content should be relevant to your target audience. People are much more likely to respond to content when it relates to their environment and interests.
- Make sure you display high quality content. Use high definition images and videos that are large enough to catch people’s attention.
- Avoid using controversial content. Keep it light and friendly.
- Videos tend to perform better than images when it comes to grabbing attention.
- Include a call to action inside your content. For example, if you want people to use a coupon code, show them the coupon code and ask them to use it at checkout. This is also a great way to monetize your digital signage.
Monetize Your Digital Signage
Digital signs are great for displaying menu boards, announcements and information. You can also get more creative and figure out ways to monetize your digital screens and make some extra money for your business. Some quick and easy ways you can monetize your signage include:
- Displaying coupon codes
- Offers and promotions
- Selling ad space on your screens
- Using programmatic advertising.
Digital signage is a great medium for connecting with your customers and visitors and for adding value to your venue. How do you make the most of your digital signage?